This is not an actual new serial that I’m not starting, merely a teaser/foreshadowing thread for the Moonlake’s Book Discoveries series that I had promised to do every three months.
I had just finished a non-fiction about falconry and Mongolia. It was really research for the fantasy novel based upon the Mongolians that I’m trying to write. It turned out differently from what I expected of the title but is a decent read.
I am currently reading:
- Moby Dick, recommended by my beta-reader, for the way it is able to incorporate snippets about details of the underlying world into the story (that I just love to add in my story)
- The Tower and Knife trilogy by Marzarkis Williams
- Giant Thief by David Tallerman
I also have my eyes on:
- A series by Ian Irvine starting with a book titled Vengeance. I’m not sure whether I’ll end up reading it or not since it is substantially longer than conventional novels- I’m waiting for feedback from my fellow Strolenati (if anyone interested in what that is, stay tuned for the 2nd post that will come up today)
- Brandon Sandersen’s Mistborn trilogy, saw a copy in my local library and it was highly recommended by a Strolenati
- Jacqueline Carey’s Imriel trilogy. To be honest, I think I had picked up one of her books on a windowshopping trip I made to a book shop and decided that it’s not my cup of tea from reading the back cover blurb. However, I chanced across the review of book 2 of this series from the following blog: http://nikihawkes.com/category/fantasy-books/ and what drew me was how apparently it “involved a lot of travel, with immersion into many different cultures”.
I won’t be able to finish all of the books listed here but just want to tell my readers roughly what they could be expected to hear about in terms of my book discoveries.